How smartphones apps have changed our lives

Hello readers,
Don't you agree that people nowadays can't live without their smartphones which is a sad but true reality
Back in the earlier days, cell phones were mainly used to communicate for business. Eventually, the cell phone manufacturers realised the potential in the business by integrating other technologies and features into phones. Hence, the purpose of the cell phone has transitioned from a verbal communication tool to a multimedia tool, called smart phones. 

At this point, it is really hard to imagine a time when you had to wait days (or weeks) to talk to someone cross-borders, reading newspapers that would stain your hands or even carrying cell phones that are as heavy as a brick? Other than improving the features of the phones, the smartphone apps have evolved so much so that they subconsciously became an integral part of our daily lives. To put it simply, the apps created are so personal and convenient that people just can't live without their smart phones. Don't you agree? 
A recent study has shown that people spent 90% of their time on phones apps which makes me wonder,"How many of you actually keep track of your downloaded apps?" 

To be honest, I have never bothered to check till now.

Feel free to make a wild guess on the number of apps I've downloaded in my phone! 


 If you haven't watched this video already, it's fine. I can spare you the torture and tell you the answer:

Are you ready for this??!!?!! 
-

-

-
I HAVE A TOTAL OF 110 APPS INSTALLED OMG... 

I am honestly shocked after recounting it the second time because out of the 110 apps, there are only 8 apps that I use on a daily basis. I've grouped them together as my "all-time favourite" apps however there is one app that turns me off every time I use it. 



That is the AIA Vitality Weekly Challenge app which no offence is only rated 1.6/ 5 stars on the App store. 
 
The reason why I am still using this app is that I participated in health-related activities and get rewarded for pre-determined activity targets as an AIA member. In order to get the weekly rewards, I have to create a team of 8 members to achieve the targets together. 

To be honest, I really like the concept of motivating users to live a healthier lifestyle that is rewarding in every way. However, I hate to admit that the phone app is poorly designed as users often experience lag, failure to link and redeem points or unable to reach out for help.

From a user's perspective, there are a few changes that I would like to implement. For example, an online help desk feature would allow users to interact with the AIA team 24/7 without having to send emails for help. Moreover, AIA could add in a "friend-list chat" where users can communicate with their team members which would make the whole app a lot more interesting. Lastly, there could be a notification system where users would be informed of their current weekly target when the dateline is nearer. 

Thank you so much for reading my post, I hope that you won't turn out to be like the guy depicted in the cartoon :P 

Do let me know your thoughts by commenting down below! Ciaos ~ 

Comments

Popular Posts